Monday, January 10, 2011

(sher)locked in my house due to snow

i'm using my snow days to catch up on some reading, so i picked up sherlock. i had already read the first three stories about six months ago, but got too busy. i'll have to reread them at some point.

i'd forgotten how clever he was.

some favorite quotes thus far:

"i know, my dear watson, that you share my love of all that is bizarre and outside the conventions and humdrum routine of everyday life. you have shown your relish for it by the enthusiasm which has prompted you to chronicle, and, if you will excuse my saying so, somewhat to embellish so many of my own little adventures."

"and now, doctor, we've done our work, so it's time we had some play. a sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums."


-'the red-headed league'


if you've started reading it, what do you think so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment