Thursday, March 17, 2011

how fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes...

i have really become fickle in my reading over the last month, so i haven't posted. i am finding it difficult to prioritize my reading list, so much so that at one point i was reading about five books and trading off every night or two. i've put most of those down (yes, no. 1 ladies' detective agency) and i'm reading jane eyre right now for the first time. i also want to read true grit- it's sitting on my shelf beckoning me silently. then again, i really want to read the daily five again to keep it fresh in my mind as i train and retrain my students to be independent readers and writers.

i'm actually doing what so many of my students do everyday in class. there are so many amazing book options out there, and i really just can't decide what i'd like to read. so, i grab or download all the ones that strike my fancy and try to read them all. this is not the orderly way that my literary life is supposed to run. i need to simplify.

this is my currently reading list on goodreads.com (follow me on there, if you so desire). all excellent books, but not remotely related in theme. le sigh.

1. jane eyre by charlotte bronte
2. the four loves by c.s. lewis
3. harry potter and the goblet of fire by jk rowling
4. the no. 1 ladies' detective agency by alexander mccall smith
5. bud, not buddy by christopher paul curtis

on a side note, if i ever become a published author, i guess i have to decide if i'd rather go by my first two initials or all three names, since that seems to be a trend. OR, i could opt for a new pseudonym altogether...just a thought. i'm totally open for suggestions.

anyway, back to my fickleness...i think i'm going to work on jane eyre first since i enjoy it and the goodreads movie and book challenge is up in 23 days. that's a nice healthy goal. i can do that. according to my kindle app, i've completed 19% of the book. the other books will just simply have to go on spring break and enjoy their time on the shelf, my bedside table, the back of the couch...until i'm through with jane and mr. rochester...

happy reading and more importantly, happy spring break!

1 comment:

  1. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books! So enjoyable, romantic, dramatic. (Sighhh) I might have to reread it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete